Saturday, November 22, 2008

You guessed it: Twilight

Before I get to twilight, i must say I am rather distraught. I have spent an hour and a half every other day alternatively dazzling everybody with my spanish scyles and staring at this awesome poster depicting medieval life! We have spanish class in the 7th grade social studies room and i sat right by this awesome colorful poster with the social hierarchy and a bustling medieval on it. I loved that poster and now it has been replaced with a black and white confusing map of Salem Village and a freaking list of everybody who was arrested and how the died in the Witch Trials. It's so sad! It really gets me going when I see people dying because of religion crap! Blaugh! sorry

Okay, I don't hate the movie! That's the best news. I prefer the audiobook though and I tried really hard to keep my vision of the characters and settings in the book. So here's what I thought:

Bella and Edward....: Bwahahahaha! Edward glittering was the lamest thing I've ever seen. lololol. I'll just leave it at that... lol. There were way too many close ups on bella and edward, they were trying to make it intense, but it just made you want to like count their pores or something. Plus whenever Edward put on his "self sacrificing, trying not to eat you, i'm so hardcore" face all I could think of was his constipation face, since that's why they called it on my podcast I listen to. Bella wasn't that bad. She really captured the pathetic-ness.

Bellas friends: perfect. just really great. I love how she saw them when they were driving out of Forks, that was a clever contrast.

Charlie: Okay, I expected a bit more like emotion in the bella leaving scene. he was just like "did he hurt you... bleh" The scene was sad, but I think it could have been better.

Screw the cullens, best part: Evil vampirezzz!: Laurent wins biggest eyes award. Victoria wins biggest feet award. And James wins everything else :-o. Lol I am such a James fangirl. Sadistic vampires for the win.

The action scene was so much more violent than I thought it would be. Alice ripped off James head! But i'm okay with that because part of what makes james cool is that he got ripped to pieces and burned. Then he bit bella, which was creepy. And broke her leg. And threw her into a pillar. In case you haven't noticed I don't really like Bella so he just gets extra points. When Edward was supposed to suck out the venom and couldn't stop that was so CREEPY, his eyes were like O_O. Ickers.

There were two too many "monkey" references in the movie:
"Hold on spider monkey" -rob to bella when they're running.
And the worst-line-of-the-movie award goes to.... "That's my monkey man." -Rosalie describing Emmet playing baseball.

So yeah overall I will enjoy the movie when I can actually laugh as much as I want to (when they were laying in the meadow with that horrible piano music I felt like i'd burst!) It was amazing that they used 15 Step by Radiohead during the credits <3 and the scenery was fantastic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "hold on spider-monkey" part made me sick. Too cutesy.

It's cool because Robert Pattinson usually has a British accent. He's only the second person I've seen that can pull of a fairly good American accent. Person number one? Hugh Laurie.

Elesar said...

Yeah! I forgot to listen to see if I could detect it, but he was really good. that would be hard...