Sunday, January 27, 2008

I miss the sun almost as much as the rain!

Le sigh, this is the first time that i've ever wished that it was not winter, when it was. Except for maybe some times in March. because March is pretty sucky. you get a whole crap load of wet snow, when you are totally tired of winter. But anyway, it's been too cold to walk long distances, even in marshmellow quality clothing and even sled because you don't want to be in so much contact with the snow. It takes very attractive weather to lure me outside when i have things that I should be doing (hint, i should be doing spanish studying) so there's like no chance of me going outside while it's this crappy weather. But now it's like practically tropical! 23 degrees! And so I check the weather forcast and am totally surprised! Here's the forcast for monday:

Monday: Light rain early...then remaining cloudy with showers in the afternoon. Precipitation may start as some sleet or snow. High 38F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 60%. High 38 Low 3.

Woooooahhhh! Just as I was thinking "god i miss spring/summer/fall because it rains" i think this is some sort of karma thing. But I wasn't really hoping that it would rain in winter, because, i mean, what kind of weirdo would wish that? It's going to melt the snow, and when it freezes again (we're back in the negatives right after this. look how far apart the high and lows are) there's going to be a slick of ice everywhere. I don't know whether it will actually rain, but that would be interesting.

As for me uncharacteristically missing the sun, i guess i should just drink some sunny-d and suck it up because we're not about to get any sunny warm front until like may.

I just saw Harold and Maude which is just as depressing as it is funny. I love it.
I'm reading/listening to Amulet of Samarkand. I just love the bartimaeus trilogy too. It's not too often that I can crack up on my science homework instead of throwing up on it (that's how bad it is. vaaaguuuueenneesss) and when i do, i must be listening to Bartimaeus :D

Hmmm, what else to I "love"... that would have to by Wyvernhail. I'm getting obsessed with it all over again. I want to make like a billion high-qual portraits of the characters from the series with quotes from the book by them and all. Instead i'm drawing lizard-horses. (yay)

I sorta pirated my dad's camera for a bit and took a few pictures to post on dA, I'm really pleased with one that I tried to take of the moon-bow and lilly :D

Speaking of lilly, it was soooo sad and pathetic! She got stuck on a rug in the kitchen again. Let me repeat that, she got suck on a rug, again. Not physically stuck, mentally stuck. She will timidly try to step off, like she's on really slippery, really thin ice, always keeping at least part of her back feet on the rug, then quickly retreat, no matter my "come here! good girl! come on! it's okay! you're really sad and pathetic!" This has happened twice in the last month and a few times last summer. Sigh. lets add something to her list of fears i guess.

1. Toaster
2. smoke alarm
3. us leaving
4. storms/rain
5. car rides
6. baths
7. nail clipping/hair trimming
8. kitchen floor

why do i have such a neurotic dog?

2 comments:

e2 said...

she probably takes after her owner! :DD

Elesar said...

hey! i've only gotten stuck on the carpet once!!!!